7th Boston JerkFest and Rum & Brew Tasting- Caribbean Foodie Festival
Are you ready for Boston’s hottest festival? The 7th Annual Boston JerkFest is back for 2 days of fun in the sun this summer, July 5-6, 2019 This out door family-friendly, festival is a Caribbean foodie event that features Jamaican jerk hot spiced BBQ food. This year, the festival will be held in Roxbury at Haley House,12 Dade Street, Boston. This event supports several non profiits, including Haley House, Sustainable Food and Culture, Cambridge Carnival International, and Teens Advocating for a Global Vision.
The Rum & Brew Tasting is Friday, July 5 2019, 6:30-9:30pm
General Admission: 6:30-9:30pm. VIP Admission: 6-9:30pm. 2-day passes available.
At this in-door/out-door event, enjoy unlimited tastings of rum, craft beer, hard cider, mead and other spirits and other artisan brews. Jerk food will be for sale by selected vendors. Event includes live music, DJ, cocktail demos, and Boston JerkFest Cocktail Throwdown competition. This event is for 21+ year old attendees only and you get the following included with your admission ticket:
- Unlimited samplings of rum, other spirits, craft beer, hard cider, and artisan beverages
- Cocktail Demos featuring cocktails from participating vendors stirring up the best “Irie” drinks
- 2019 Caribbean Cocktail Throwdown with Boston’s top Mixologists competing for bragging rights and winner of the
- Boston’s best Caribbean Rum Cocktail.
VIP Admission to Boston JerkFest Rum & Brew Tasting, Friday, July 5, 6:00-9:30pm
Hate to wait in lines, want the total Caribbean experience? Try our limited VIP tickets so you can maximize your fun at Boston JerkFest. VIP Tickets holders get a 2-day entry.Here is what we are offering for VIP Tickets:
- All benefits of a 2-day ticket pass with entry to Friday Rum & Brew Tasting and Session 1 or Session 2
- Admission to Saturday’s food festival, June 23rd. ($65.00 value)
- Exclusive JerkFest branded tasting glass ($6 value)
- Exclusive ½ hour early access to Rum & Brew Tasting at 6:00pm to get an early start on our unlimited beverage tastings. ($ priceless value).
- Fast lane VIP line for easy entry. ($ priceless value).
- One complimentary food sampling ticket to be redeemed by any vendor at Rum & Brew event, Friday, July 5($10.00 value)
- JerkFest VIP goodie bag ($20.00+ value)
Boston JerkFest Food Festival, Saturday, July 6, 2019
Two sessions: 11am-3pm and 4-8pm. 2-day passes available.
This family-friendly event offers more than 25 vendors selling a variety of jerk hot spiced food, hot sauces and Caribbean specialty products; craft vendors, live music, kids activities, a Jerk Cook-off, a Seafood Throwdown, other Chef Demos, and a Reggae Bar offering rum punch, craft beer and wine for sale.
You have a choice of two sessions: 11am-3pm and 4-8pm.
Highlights of the festival include:
- Top local Caribbean Chefs offering authentic jerk spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale
- Live music featuring reggae, steel band and other Caribbean music
- Seafood Throwdown and Jerk Cook-off Competitions
- The House of Nahdra Fashion Showcase
- The Reggae Bar will have rum punch, craft beer, wine and artisan beverages for sale on Saturday.
- Spice Lane includes specialty foods such as rum cake, spicy jams, hot sauces, and desserts
- Kids Zone with interactive arts & crafts and activities for children of all ages
- Arts and craft vendors
2-Day Festival Pass: Rum & Brew (7/5) & Food Festival (7/6)
Enjoy two days of fun in the sun! Come “lime” with us on Friday night for our in-door/out-door Rum & Brew Tasting and comeback the next day for more music, more food and more fun. This 2-day pass is for 21+ year old attendees.
BOSTON JERKFEST RUM & BREW TASTING FAQ
Wher can I find what’s happening and more details about the festival?
More details about vendors, and activities and all you need to know about Boston JerkFest can be found on our website at www.bostonjerkfest.com
Is food included with my ticket?
Food is NOT included with your general admission ticket. Food will be available for sale at reasonable prices for both days. Limited samples will be available at the discretion of the vendors. There will be more food vendor options on Saturday. VIP tickets include one meal ticket to be redeemed at any vendor on Friday night.
What vendors will be at Boston JerkFest this year?
A full list of vendors can be found on our website. We will update it as vendors are confirmed.
Is my registration ticket transferrable between sessions?
No, tickets are not transferrable from one session to another. You can change the name on the ticket.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
We encourage you to download Eventbrite App for fast check in! Our team will be scanning the QR code from your phone or ticket.
What is the refund policy?
All tickets are non-refundable, but you can transfer to friends, You cannot transfer a ticket from one session to another.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
The Rum & Brew Tasting event on Friday, July 5, 2019 is a 21+ event with I.D. checked at the entrance. You also have to be 21+ to purchase alcohol on site. Boston JerkFest food festival on Saturday, July 6, 2019 is a family friendly event and we encourage that you bring your childen.
Are kids free to attend?
No children allowed at the Rum & Brew Tasting. Children 12 years and under have free admisssion to the festival.
What are my transportation options getting to the event?
By the T: Silver Line and MBTA buses towards Dudley Square, Boston
What are my parking options?
Street parking nearby. We encourage you to take public transportation or ride share.
Are dogs allowed?
Due to the nature of the event, dogs are not allowed.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
The website is the best place to keep in touch with the latest information about Boston JerkFest at www.bostonjerkfest.com
Eat, Drink and Be Irie!
Connect with us!